They're Golden!

/ Thursday, July 21, 2011 /

Everyone knows that before there was the women of 'Sex and The City' there was the women of 'The Golden Girls'. Those golden women, in my opinion, brought so much influence when it came to fashion. You couldn't watch one episode and not see the lovely ladies dressed in the most fabulous attire. All women had a strong love for shoulder pads, costumes jelwery, cardigans, and clip-on earrings. To me, they all had one thing that told them apart from each other when dressing.

Blanche Devereaux,who was more daring with her dressing, wasn't scared to bare a little skin, and those lovely 
caftans were her known signature. Dorothy Zbornak, "Ms. Oversized" is what I call her. Everything she wore 
was oversized, from her cardigans,blazers,and chemise. Also, my favorite dresser of them all, I loved the way 
she wore her long maxi skirts with boots.(I brought my first maxi skirt some weeks ago {I know you are thinking,
"seriously, your first?!?!"} and I can't wait till pair it with some boots in the winter!). Rose Nylund, known 
for her well structured suits and dresses. Sophia Petrillo, oh Sophia! This woman was absolutely on this show! 
Highly known for her big glasses and for wearing some type of bow or what I believe, brooch, around her collar...
Oh and who can forget carrying a purse, her most valuable possession, EVERYWHERE she went.
I can absolutely say these women have influenced me in many ways when it came to picking an outfit for the day. I mean don't you get tips from them? 




Sincerely Asia Day
 ღ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Dead Fashion Society, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger